Marta Valpiani Albana DOCG "Madonna dei Fiori" 2020
Madonna dei Fiori, from the patroness of Castrocaro Terme, is our expression of Albana from the oldest vineyards. It is a wine that is born only in the best vintages. This is a tasty rich intense version, a wine that is made to express the purity of this variety. Great acidity and intese salinity, with a frame of mediterranean herbs.
- Brand:Societa Agricola Marta Valpiani
- Region:Emilia Romagna
- Varietal:Albana 100%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:21 mg/l
- Climate:Forlì enjoys a humid subtropical climate (without dry season and with hot summer) in accordance with the Köppen-Geiger classification. The yearly average maximum temperature in Forlì is 68°F (ranging from 49°F in january to 88°F in august). Annual rainfall is 32.8in, with a minimum of 2.2in in december and a maximum of 3.8in in february.
- Harvest Technique:Exposure and altitude: valley bottom, 100 m a.s.l. Training system: double arch guyot Plant density: 2,000 plants / ha Yield: 50 quintals / ha Age: 30/60 years Grapes: Albana 100% Harvest: from the end of August to mid-September Harvest: Exclusively by hand in small boxes
- Soil:Ocher clays rich in skeleton and clayey earths with river stones.
- Vineyard Size:2 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1960, 1990
- Fermentation:the albana is de-stemmed and transferred to the soft press, the must is decanted for one night. It ferments spontaneously in small 10 hl vats without the use of temperature control; once fermentation is complete, the wine remains in cement without sulfur until the end of March / early April when, when temperatures rise, it will be bottled.
- Elevage:6-8 months in Concrete
- Winemaker Name:Mazzavillani Elisa
- Finning & Filtration:Natural
- Producer Website:https://martavalpiani.it/
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes