Mengoba Las Botas - 2017
Bordeaux-born Grégory Pérez worked at Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste and Château Cos d’Estournel before he moved to Spain. He settled down in Bierzo where he works vineyards in Espadillo. In this mountainous area soils are mostly clay and decomposed slate. His wines are made based on eight key principles: soil knowledge, biodiversity protection, indigenous grapes, no aggressive treatments, no herbicides, low yields, selection of grapes in the vineyard and traditional winemaking and aging. Unique Godello influencecd by the Manzanilla Bota, that gives the wine a nutty, briny, smoky character. The wine is blended with wine from previous vintages that stayed in the "bota". edium-bodied, lively saline palate, pungent, with a spicy finish.
- Brand:Gregory Perez
- Region:Castilla y Leon
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Combination of dry, more extreme, continental weather with soft, fresh and humid Atlantic influence.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):average of 20 years old
- Fermentation:It is fermented in 4,000 Liter foudres
- Elevage:n ages in Manzanilla botas from Jerez for 10 months.
- Winemaker Name:Gregory Perez
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:RP 93
- Producer Website:https://mengoba.com/en/
- Total Production:1,100 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes