Mengoba Las Tinajas - 2018
Bordeaux-born Grégory Pérez worked at Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste and Château Cos d’Estournel before he moved to Spain. He settled down in Bierzo where he works vineyards in Espadillo. In this mountainous area soils are mostly clay and decomposed slate. His wines are made based on eight key principles: soil knowledge, biodiversity protection, indigenous grapes, no aggressive treatments, no herbicides, low yields, selection of grapes in the vineyard and traditional winemaking and aging. This is an orange wine where the skin contact feels very harmonious. Apricot and peach aromas, dry and fresh. Fine tannins textured and a long persistent flavor.
- Brand:Gregory Perez
- Region:Castilla y Leon
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Combination of dry, more extreme, continental weather with soft, fresh and humid Atlantic influence.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):average of 20 years old
- Fermentation:It ferments in 450 L amphoras,
- Elevage: ages for nine months witht the skins in the same amphoras where it fermented.
- Winemaker Name:Gregory Perez
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:RP 94 2020
- Producer Website:https://mengoba.com/en/
- Total Production:450 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes