Practicing lutte raisonnée in the vineyard, Jean-Michel works the soil without pesticides, practicing green harvesting to ensure low yields. Via traditional vinification methods, Gaunoux’s wines see 15-30% new oak and are bottled after 15-16 months; they are neither filtered nor fined, and their aging potential is outstanding. The nose reveals types of flavors of cream, honey or citrus fruit and sometimes also flavors of spices, tree fruit or oak. (winedexer.com)
- Brand:Domaine Jean-Michel Gaunoux
- Varietal:100% Chardonnay
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Yes
- Climate:The vineyards of the Côte de Beaune benefit from a predominantly oceanic climate with a semi-continental influence, frequent rains all year round, cold winters and hot summers.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay limestone
- Vineyard Size:1.45 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1965
- Fermentation:long, cool fermentation in barrel; 15-20% new and the rest are one-year-old.
- Elevage:12 months maturation
- Winemaker Name:Jean-Michel Gaunoux
- Finning & Filtration:No filtering