Mezcal Artesanal San Baltazar NV
Los Danzantes started Alipus to provide a market for family artisan distilleries. There are still hundreds of small mezcal distilleries in Oaxaca, and a number of them make fabulous product. Hector Vasquez and later Karina Abad Rojas have worked closely with selected small producers to improve their distillation methods and help them with the complex paperwork required to certify their mezcals for export. Alipús Mezcal originated in 1999 as a ‘social impact project’ that sought to support traditional producers and their lands in several regions. Today they work with nine mezcal producers in Oaxaca, all of which contribute to the development of rural economies.
- Brand:Los Danzantes
- Sub-Region:"San Baltazar Guelavila "
- Varietal:100% agave Espadín grown at 5700 feet ASL on hilly, white and rocky soil
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Agave is wood roasted in conical hornos and crushed in a mule-driven tahona mill before being fermented in large pine tanks.
- Still Type:Copper pot still
- Distillation:Double discontinuous distillation
- Distiller Name:"Don Cosme and Cirilo Hernández (since 2007) "
- Producer Website:https://craftdistillers.com/products/alipus/
- Sustainable Practice:yes