Mezcal Artesanal Special Bottling No. 5 NV
Mezcalero is a project conceived by Craft Distillers and developed in collaboration with Destileria Los Danzantes of Alipus and Los Nahuales. These are small-batch, individually distilled Mezcales from various palenques in Oaxaca, made from wild agaves and rested in glass demijohns prior to bottling.
- Brand:Mezcalero Mezcal
- Sub-Region:La Constancia
- Varietal:Cenizo (Agave durangensis) and Espadín (Agave angustifolia)
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Hand crushed agaves, spontaneously fermented in underground pits
- Still Type:Copper pot stills
- Still Size:300L
- Distiller Name:Don Rubén Solis Lozano
- Producer Website:https://craftdistillers.com/trade-info/mezcalero-info/
- Total Production:960 bottles
- Tasting Notes:An ensamble of wild Cenizo (Agave durangensis) and Espadín (Agave angustifolia), hand-distilled May 2019 by Don Rubén Solis Lozano in La Constancia, Durango. The upland agaves were wood-roasted, crushed by hand, fermented in a wood-covered underground pit using wild yeasts, double distilled in a 300-liter copper potstill, and bottled in August of 2019. Beautifully balanced: the calm rich Espadín is perfect backdrop to the feral intensity of the wild Cenizo.