Microcosmo' Rosso IGT Sicilia - 2018
Vineyards are complex ecosystems where vegetals, animals, insects and an endless diversity of microorganisms live together in perfect harmony. The vineyard of Microcosmo is the proof of a possible natural equilibrium created by a harmonic varietal interdependence that generates energy and life. Microcosmo is a medium-bodied dynamic wine with a multi-faceted personality. It has a bright ruby red color, often lighter than many other Sicilian reds. To the nose, complex and elegant aromas of red ripe fruit merge into scents of sweet bay-leaf and the finest oriental spices: cinnamon, ginger, incense, star anise then dried fruit, baked black olives, and salted capers. It is dry and very persistent to the palate, with a mineral fresh structure that evolves into an intense aftertaste.
- Brand:Cantine Barbera
- Varietal:Perricone 90%, Catanese 10%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:In Menfi, the summers are warm, muggy, dry, and clear and the winters are long, cold, windy, and partly cloudy.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2 ha
- Vine Age (year planted): planted in 2009, vertical shoot positioning, Guyot
- Fermentation:Hand picked in small baskets, the grapes are brought to the winery for immediate destemming and crushing. Maceration on the skins lasts about one week, and the must ferments with wild yeast in stainless steel tanks at 25-28 °C. After soft pressing, the wines completes a spontaneous malolactic.
- Elevage:ages for a minimum of 12 months in neutral Slavonian oak barrels, and in stainless steel tanks.
- Winemaker Name:Marilena Barbera
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.cantinebarbera.it/en/microcosmo-perricone-organic-natural-red-wine-menfi-sicilia.html
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes