Milziade Antano Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCG 2017 / 2018
A Sagrantino expression that channels the brooding intensity of Umbria’s signature grape with aromatic complexity and spicy depth. It draws robust red-fruit power from vines up to 70 years old, while 37 months of aging evoke intricate notes of spice, tobacco, and leather. Crafted in tiny quantities, it’s a rich, refined bottling that shines alongside red meat dishes. Tasting notes. Color: Intense, brilliant ruby red with purple reflections. in older vintages, a ruby red tending to amber. Bouquet: intense and enveloping, soft red fruits(blackberry,sweet cherry,dry prunes), hints of leather, tobacco and liquorice, spicy ( pepper) and balsamic notes. Palate: dry, robust, persistent, powerful refined tannins Food pairing: red meat, game,aged and medium-aged cheese. Serving temperature: 16° - 18°C.
- Brand:Milziade Antano
- Alcohol:2017: 15.00% / 2018: 15.50%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:20-30 mg/L
- Climate:The vineyards are characterized by a mild climate, with good and constant ventilation, which protects the vineyards from parasitic diseases. Sunshine is present both in the morning and in the afternoon. The sun exposure guarantees a good ripening of grapes and tannins, granting unmistakable elegance to the wines.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:The soil is clay, rich in minerals. It never becomes too compact or heavy.
- Vine Age (year planted):1952-1992
- Fermentation:The grapes macerate on the skins for 30 days before fermentation takes place in stainless steel without temperature control. The alcoholic and malolactic fermentations are spontaneous and use only native yeasts.
- Elevage:Ageing: 37 months, of which 18-24 are in large oak casks and 4-6 in the bottle. Our barrels are Slavonian oak, produced in Italy. We do not use French woods. The barrels used are tonneau (550L) and large barrels (2000L).
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Scores:This wine has won lots of important prizes (3 Bicchieri Gambero Rosso, 5 Grappoli, 94 points Robert Parker wine Advocate).
- Producer Website:http://www.fattoriacolleallodole.it/
- Total Production:85 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Milziade Antano Fattoria Colleallodole eschews the use of pesticides and herbicides in the vineyards, and practices organic farming methods. Though the estate is not certified organic, they rely completely on organic fertilizers, primarily manure produced by the cows bred on the estate.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes