Molino del Ciego 2020
Drawing structure from its 90-year-old vines, crispness from their proximity to the Atlantic, and tannins from modest skin contact during fermentation, Molino del Ciego is a Sémillon of stellar balance. Aromatically intense, it bursts with chamomile, white pepper, and quince, while the palate is both sharp and refreshing. Skin Contact wine, for 14 days durinf fermentation, from very old vines close to the Atlantic. The nose is an explosion of aromatic herbs like Chamomile, tisane, white pepper and quince. The palate has the strucure from the old vines and the tannins from the maceration, however, it shows sharp and refreshing at the same time.
- Brand:Roberto Henriquez
- Region:Itata Valley
- Varietal:100% Semillon
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:27 ppm
- Climate:Humid Mediterranean, with lower temperatures than the avearge in Chile, big difference betweeen seasons
- Harvest Technique:Grapes are harvested by hand.
- Soil:Granitic Soils
- Vineyard Size:1.8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):90 year-old-vines
- Fermentation:Grapes are 100% destemmed. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with native yeast, with 1–3 punchdowns per day.
- Elevage:Aged in renewed barrel (no toasted) for one year
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Henríquez
- Finning & Filtration:Neither filtered nor stabilized
- Scores:Descorchados 96 (2020) RP 94 2018
- Total Production:3,000
- Sustainable Practice:Roberto Henriquez farms this vineyard using organic and biodynamic practices.