Monastrell - 2022
Ponce started this Monastrell project out of Manchuela in 2012 when he started consulting for a winery in Jumilla. Since 2019 is made in Manchuela, from a four-hectare plot planted 30 years ago at 700 meters altitude. This wine carries the name of his young daughter, for this vintage they harvested two weeks later than normal to achieve the right ripeness. It is fresh and herbal, with a juicy Mediterranean character. Less alcohol than 2020 but with more structure and darker character.
- Region:Castilla La Mancha
- Commune/Village:Villanueva de la Jara
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Arid and dry with sea winds influence. Long hours of sunshine, low humidity balanced with fresh and wet winds from the Mediterranean ocan. A unique continental and Mediterranean fusion favor the organic farming.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):50-year-old vines
- Fermentation:It fermented with full clusters in 4,500-liter oak vats
- Elevage:It matrued in a 15,000-liter French oak vat for seven months
- Winemaker Name:Juan Antonio Ponce
- Scores:RP 92 2021
- Total Production:20,000 bottles