Moscatel Super Estrella - 2020
Roberto Henríquez spent several years working in South Africa, Canada and France before going on to study agronomy and enology. In 2015 he moved back home to Biobío and began his own project based on the grape Pais, in part motivated by Louis Antoine Luyt. Quickly he got a lot of recognition due to his most important work in principle of recovering the traditional viticultre in the South of Chile, by obtaining a delicate rusticity in all his wines. The first thing that stands out here is the power on the palate. The acidity is complemented by the tannins to create a solid, austere structure with soft floral touches and ripe white fruits with a great depth in flavor.
- Brand:Roberto Henriquez
- Sub-Region:Bio Bio Valley
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:20 ppm
- Climate:The climate has a Mediterranean humidity, with lower temperatures than avearge for Chile, bringing about a significant difference in temperature betweeen seasons.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:granitic soils
- Vineyard Size:1.47 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):100 year-old-vines
- Fermentation:Spontaneous-native yeast. 100% destemmed in concrete tanks.
- Elevage:Aged for a year in concrete tanks.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Henríquez
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:Descorchados 95 (2020)
- Producer Website:http://robertohenriquez.com/web/eng/
- Total Production:1400.0
- Sustainable Practice:Yes