Mosier Hills Mencia Columbia Gorge - 2019
Analemma's staff consists of seven farm inhabitants and three jersey cows who work out of a converted barn that acts as their production facility and has a tasting "room" right outside the door. Analemma's biodynamic beliefs and commitment to the soil are at the center of everything they do. The Mosier Hills Estate serves as both Analemma's home and its heart. The vineyard was planted in 2012 amid a former eddy of the Missoula Floods that deposited river stones and granitic glacial erratics. Due to its location in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains, the estate is also trapped between maritime and continental climates, with an average precipitation of 25-35 inches per year. Analemma achieved Demeter certification in 2017, and 2020 was the first legally approved release. Regenerative and conscientious approaches guide the care of the vineyards, as well as the 10 acres of orchards, lavender plantings, cow pastures, and gardens that comprise the Analemma ecosystem. This first domestic expression of Mencia, virtually unknown outside of Spain, is a wine of tremendous expectation due to its strange similarity to Pinot Noir and Northern Rhône style Syrah. A red wine with fascinating scents of black pepper, dried sage, and bramble fruits.
- Brand:Analemma Wines
- Sub-Region:Columbia Gorge
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Fermentation:Partial whole cluster fermentation in stainless steel open top fermenters
- Elevage:Aged in a combination of concrete vessels and large format oak barrels, providing freshness on the palate and concentration of character.
- Winemaker Name:Steven Thompson
- Producer Website:https://analemmawines.com
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Demeter certified biodynamic