Muller Thurgau DOC 2021
This hybrid grape variety, which combines Riesling with Madeleine Royal, is a star in the deft hands of Erste & Neue. Heightened floral notes emanate from the glass, recalling the flora of the terraced mountainside vineyards where the grapes were grown.
- Brand:Erste & Neue Kellerei
- Region:Alto Adige
- Sub-Region:South Tyrol
- Varietal:Müller Thurgau
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:16 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1997
- Fermentation:Ripe, healthy grapes are destemmed and pressed before a natural clarification period. Fermentation occurs at a controlled temperature of 16 degrees Celsius. The wine is aged for three months on the fine lees in stainless steel.
- Elevage: 3-months ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
- Winemaker Name:Alexandra Broiser
- Finning & Filtration:Mechanical
- Producer Website:https://www.kellereikaltern.com/
- Total Production:600 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:ERSTE + NEUE has held the FAIR’N GREEN international seal for sustainable viticulture since 2018. This certification expands beyone organic farming practices to include environmental protection, natural viticulture, the promotion of biodiversity and the protection of natural resources. In addition, all FAIR’N GREEN participating wineries commit to fair pay and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes