Nauda Viura 2020
The color is orangey maple. In the nose, there are notes of Mediterranean scrubland, thyme, and rosemary, followed by citrus and dried grapefruit. The wine has a distinct structure as a result of the long skin maceration, and it is round, balanced, and long, with aromas of white fruit compote and lemon.
- Brand:Alonso & Pedrajo
- Sub-Region:Rioja D.O.Ca.
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Wine with zero additives and little intervention.
- Climate:Villlalba is characterized by a distinct change between the climates that make up its environment, primarily the continental climate but also with an important Atlantic influence and the Mediterranean weather through the entrance of the Ebro River at its north-western end, which separates the Sierra Cantabria from the Obarenes Mountains.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:From the one plot of land specified above (about 0.5 hectares)
- Fermentation:White grapes that have been partially crushed. Fermentation occurs slowly and spontaneously. There is no pumping or punching down, no cold control, and no chemicals, allowing for a gradual fermentation. After the alcoholic fermentation is finished, the tank is finished and closed for extended maceration with skins. Skin maceration for 11 months, bleeding of the wine without pressing the skins, resulting in a low yield of only 45%. Prior to bottling, light filtration is performed. Wine with minimal intervention and no additions.
- Winemaker Name:Alberto Pedrajo Pérez
- Finning & Filtration:There will be no fining. Before to bottling, the lees are separated using light filtering.
- Producer Website:https://alonsopedrajo.com/
- Total Production:585 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes