Nebbiolo D'Alba - 2018
It is an uncompromising vine with regard to the pedoclimatic conditions that requires "strong" lands, hilly locations with sunny exposures and loving care to express themselves at their best. Nebbiolo d 'Alba is a more or less intense ruby red wine that tends to garnet with aging, with good acidity and remarkable body, with a sustained alcohol content and a soft and delicate perfume in which violet prevails and which is accentuated and improves over the years.
- Brand:Prandi Giovanni
- Commune/Village:Diano d'Alba
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg / l
- Climate:This area is characterized by a cold/mild climate; The rains are concentrated in winter and spring, summers usually are mild and short but in the last years temperature increased. We still have a predominant diurnal range.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:2.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Year of vineyard planting: half planted in 1982and half planted in 1996.
- Fermentation:fermentation with maceration of about 14/18 days at a controlled temperature using only native yeasts; frequent pumping over to extract color and nuances. After 4 months malolactic coversion starts naturally
- Elevage:Maturation of 12 months in big wooden barrels and 12 months in stain steel. No filtration. Alessandro Prandi is the winemaker.
- Winemaker Name:Ale Prandi
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.prandigiovanni.it/
- Total Production:402 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Sustainability has been a core value since the inception of the vineyard. We have solar panels on the roof of our winery building producing most of the electricity used. We do not use chemicals for spraying relying on old fashioned sulphur based products. We do not use chemical fertilizers but instead sow nitrogen producing broad beans. In terms of bio diversity less then half of the land we own is planted with wines, with the balance left wild.