NoTrix Perricone IGT Terre Siciliane - 2021
NoTrix is a vibrant and dynamic red wine that does not need any make-up. It has a lively ruby color with violet shades that meets a playful nose of red berries and geranium flowers. Its solid tannins define a medium-bodied palate, where spicy notes of star anise and ginger stand out against a persistent saline background. This is the way Perricone is, and this is how I like this wine to be: no tricks and no frills, far from winemaking models that do not belong to Menfi’s wine tradition.
- Brand:Cantine Barbera
- Varietal:Perricone 90%, Catanese 10%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:The microclimate in Tenuta Belicello offers ideal conditions for growing Inzolia vines: the property is located about half a mile from the ocean and its Eastern area is made of calcareous and very deep soils, with a good quantity of limestones and an excellent mineral presence that enhances the grapes’ aromatic complexity. Furthermore, the vineyard is protected from the Northern winds and opens to Southern and Western winds coming from the Mediterranean that blow away the surplus humidity, thus preventing mildew and other fungus diseases.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:3 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2017.0
- Fermentation:The grapes used to make NoTrix come from young Perricone vines planted in January 2017 in the western part of Vigne al Pozzo. The grapes are hand picked in small baskets at the end of September, and are immediately brought to the winery for destemming and crushing. Maceration on the skins lasts about six days, and the must ferments with wild yeast in stainless steel tanks. After soft pressing and spontaneous malolactic, the wine refines in a large neutral Slavonian oak casks for 3 months. NoTrix is not fined nor filtered.
- Elevage:6 months in stainless and 6 months in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Marilena Barbera
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:1,000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes