Orange Wine Yakima Valley - 2022
Viognier plus co-fermented Marsanne and Roussanne combine in a food-friendly orange wine that displays a perfect balance of funk and freshness. Floral and peachy aromas lead the way, with notes of stony minerality, a phenolic quality on the palate, and a bright finish. Mostly Viognier, with about 20% based on a co-ferment of Marsanne and Roussanne, the nose shows some floral and/or peachy components, balanced by a distinct stony minerality. There is a definite phenolic quality to the palate, but the bright finish makes it very food friendly.
- Brand:Sonder Wines
- Sub-Region:Yakima Valley
- Varietal:80% viognier, 20% co-fermented Roussanne and Marsanne
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- How much so2 added:Minimal
- Climate:The high dessert conditions of the Columbia Valley are tempered on the south facing slopes by the strong winds coming through the Columbia Gorge.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vine Age (year planted):1994; 1980
- Fermentation:They ferment 90% of the grapes on their skins for six weeks, adding 10% direct-pressed grapes for brightness and vibrancy.
- Elevage:Aged in neutral French puncheons with weekly batonnage for 5 months
- Winemaker Name:Riley Miller
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://sonderwines.com
- Total Production:120 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Sonder farms their vines using organic and sustable practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes