This blend of native Spanish grape varieties is a brilliant ruby expression of Catalonia’s potential. Made without the use of oak, the wine is vibrant and bright with staccato bursts of raspberry, plum, rosemary, and fig on the nose and palate. The wine is well-structured for long-term aging. Dark ruby. A restrained nose offers delicate hints of raspberry, rosemary, rocks, black plum and fig compote. Baking spices on the palate soften the medium bodied, serious grip, the early harvest retains the freshness. The tannin and restraint this wine shows suggests that long term aging could truly enhance our ability to see the power and finesse of the vintage. The bodacious blue fruit famous from Priorat offers the finesse and vertical minerals that makes Montsant magic.
- Brand:Orto Vins
- Varietal:70% Samsó, 25% Garnatxa, 5% Picapoll
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:73mg/liter
- Harvest Technique:Grapes are hand-harvested over the course of several weeks. Daily picking and drying of the raisins within each bunch ensures over-ripened grapes are removed and sugars are at optimal levels.
- Soil:Clay, limestone, schist
- Vineyard Size:29ha
- Vine Age (year planted):10-90 years old vines, 12 different vineyards, ecologically certified, bio- dynamically farmed, regenerative vineyards within select plots.
- Fermentation:70% of the grapes are destemmed before the wine soaks on its skins for 29 days, one full lunar cycle, before crushing and native fermentation.
- Elevage:No oak
- Winemaker Name:joan Asens
- Finning & Filtration:filtered
- Sustainable Practice:Orto Winemaker Joan Asens is considered a Biodynamics guru in Spain, where he teaches the practices at a local university. Biodynamic and organic pracatices are observed in all of the vineyards utilized for Orto wines.