Passo Bianco Contrada PC 2021
The Bianco Contrada PC by Passopisciaro is a fine and elegant Etna white wine made from Chardonnay grapes, grown in a tiny plot located at 950 meters above sea level. Contrada PC is the highest Chardonnay Vineyard in Europe. Ferments and refines in large oak barrels to release a varied and intense sensorial profile, with rich aromas of elderberry, peaches, pineapple, citrus fruits and Mediterranean herbs, framed by a fresh, salty, dynamic and mineral sip.
- Brand:Vini Franchetti
- Sub-Region:Etna / IGT Terre Siciliane
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 mg/l
- Climate:2021 vintage on the northern side of Mount Etna can be defined as “bizarre”. Between November and December 2020 we had some rains, even copious in some moments, which brought a discreet water reserve to the plants, especially in the vineyards facing east. This was great for the new vineyard in Contrada Montedolce planted during 2020 Spring. Starting into the new year, there was a thermic swing between early January and mid-February with rains and even some snow that barely reached the highest vineyards (800/1000 m.) and then an odd heat until the end of February and the beginning of March.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:0.5 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1938 1960 1990
- Fermentation:After destemming, a soft pressing takes place and the must stays in contact with the skins for about 12 hours. Fermentation is started through a pie de cuve in big oak casks. Maloactic conversion happens naturally
- Elevage:17 months in big oak casks. Bottling takes place in waning moon June.
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Andrea Franchetti, Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese.
- Finning & Filtration:No. light filtration
- Total Production:200 cases