Peladosa - 2019
Peladosa is a single-vineyard gem made from a field blend of old vines, many of which are over 80 years-old. The vineyard is located on a hidden plateau which overlooks the Douro Valley, and the wine itself is just as unique. Velvet in texture and concentrated in flavor, red fruit notes take center stage on the palate before fine tannins segue into the long finish. Like a cloudy rare ruby, lawd, this wine is exotic. Whole cluster curves and precise texture lead to snappy personality and dried concentrated pomegranate, mineral finish. Texturally seductive.
- Brand:Quinta da Costa
- Varietal:Old Vines Tinta Roriz (Tempranillo) + others
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:TOTAL SULFUR: 50 grams/liter
- Climate:Cool, moderate winters often lead to very, very hot Summers
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:schist soils
- Vineyard Size:< 1ha
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs in open cement tanks. 40% of the grapes are crushed before fermentation, while 60% of the harvest is left whole-cluster.
- Elevage:The wine is then aged for 21 months in 500L French oak barrels a few years used. No pumps, gravity alone was utilized due to the special architecture of the winery.
- Winemaker Name:Miguel Morais & Luis Seabra
- Total Production:2500 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes