Pequenita Malvasia 2018
Color and flavor notes: a rich golden hue. The aroma is a mingling of dry flowers, quince, and subtle herbs. Full flavor without sacrificing any of its crispness. Flavors of sweet cream and spices, with a supple tannin that binds everything together and provides body.
- Brand:Alonso & Pedrajo
- Sub-Region:Rioja D.O.Ca.
- Varietal:Malvasia Riojana
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Wine with zero additives and little intervention.
- Climate:Villlalba is characterized by a distinct change between the climates that make up its environment, primarily the continental climate but also with an important Atlantic influence and the Mediterranean weather through the entrance of the Ebro River at its north-western end, which separates the Sierra Cantabria from the Obarenes Mountains.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:From the mentioned two sites, approximately 0.5 hectare
- Vine Age (year planted):From the mentioned two sites, approximately 0.5 hectare
- Fermentation:Grapes are partially crushed and fermented in 500-liter barrels and ancient clay amphorae to create wine. A three-week process of slow, spontaneous fermentation. After finishing the alcoholic fermentation, it remains in the amphora on skin contact for four months. Once the maceration is over, the skins are gently pressed, and the wine is delivered to the barrel for maturing. Lees are stirred weekly to induce natural decanting. Little clarification just before bottling. Wine of minimum intervention, without any form of addition.
- Elevage:100% French oak (500 l) aged in neutral barrels for 7 months on its own fine lees. The wine is preserved in the bottle for at least 12 months after bottling until it is ready to sell.
- Winemaker Name:Alberto Pedrajo Pérez
- Finning & Filtration:There will be no fining. Before to bottling, the lees are separated using light filtering.
- Scores:RP 92
- Producer Website:https://alonsopedrajo.com/
- Total Production:934 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes