Petit Forlong - 2020
A juicy blend of Merlot and Syrah, Petit Forlong leads with floral aromas before ripe fruit flavors come into focus. Complex and satisfying, the wine is full-bodied with flavors of plum and fresh black currant. This wine is incredibly complex and satisfying. Don’t let the 14.5 % alcohol levels scare you – this wine is from Andalucía y hace CALOR (It is HOT) this Petit Forlong drinks like 13% on the palate. The juicy blend of Merlot and Syrah boast floral notes of carnation and baby’s breath on the nose that lead to a bright red currant fruit pop with soft, enticing notes of cocoa. Blind taste your friends on this and see where they go.
- Brand:Bodega de Forlong
- Commune/Village:El Puerto Santa Maria
- Varietal:60% Merlot, 30% Syrah, 10% Tintilla de Rota
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:15 mg/liter
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:14 ha
- Fermentation:Grapes are chilled at 40 degrees for 48 hours before hand-sorting. Selected grapes are destemmed and transferred into clay amphora where spontaneous fermentation occurs. Occasional hand punch-downs are used throughout the fermentation.
- Elevage:After fermentation is finished, the wine undergoes malolactic in clay tinajas (amphora) and is then racked off into French barrique for 6 months. Minimalito Sulphur is added only at bottling.
- Winemaker Name:Rocío Áspera and Alejando Narváez
- Sustainable Certificates:Bodegas de Forlong is Certified Organic, and practices organic farming principles across its vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes