Pino, Manchuela 2021
After working at Cia de Vinos Telmo Rodriguez Juan Antonio Ponce returned home. The project started in 2005, he was 23, just 11 barrels, and a loan. The family’s wine growing tradition dates back to Juan Antonio’s great-grandfather, although his father never made wine–he used to sell the grapes to the local cooperative. “Ponce says. “The area is full of prejudices, people lack self-confidence. These days Manchuela is probably the most interesting appellation in central Spain, led by Ponce. This vintage is more powerful than the previous vintage, it shows the intensity of Bobal, dark character with more tannins.
- Brand:Bodegas y Vinedos Ponce
- Region:Castilla La Mancha
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Arid and dry with sea winds influence. Long hours of sunshine, low humidity balanced with fresh and wet winds from the Mediterranean ocan. A unique continental and Mediterranean fusion favor the organic farming.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):Vines are between 40 and 90 years old.
- Fermentation:It fermented with full clusters, indigenous yeast, in 4,500-liter oak vats
- Elevage:Oval 3500-liter oak foudre for 10 months.
- Winemaker Name:Juan Antonio Ponce
- Scores:RP 95 2020
- Total Production:4,000 bottles