Pinot Grigio DOC - 2022
Terraced high-elevation vineyards allow Erste & Neue to produce a dazzling Pinot Grigio defined by a range of ripe fruit notes and saline minerality. Brief aging in stainless steel allows this wine to retain its just-picked freshness in the glass.
- Brand:Erste & Neue
- Region:Alto Adige
- Varietal:Pinot Grigio
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:26 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are pressed whole-cluster before a natural settling period. Then, fermentation occurs at a controlled temperature of 18-20 degrees Celsius. The wine is aged for three months on the fine lees in stainless steel.
- Elevage: 3-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
- Winemaker Name:Alexandra Broiser
- Producer Website:https://www.kellereikaltern.com/
- Total Production:990 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:ERSTE + NEUE has held the FAIR’N GREEN international seal for sustainable viticulture since 2018. This certification expands beyone organic farming practices to include environmental protection, natural viticulture, the promotion of biodiversity and the protection of natural resources. In addition, all FAIR’N GREEN participating wineries commit to fair pay and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes