Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley - 2021
Charles Antin is one of the premier auctioneers in the United States, and has been deep in the world of high-end wine for decades. In the interest of doing something "real," at least more real than "selling one rich guy's Burgundy to another rich guy," he teamed up with friend Mikey Giugni and his wife Gina, of Scar of the Sea, to produce select lots of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara's Santa Maria Valley. With his love of Burgundy, this expression of Pinot Noir tends towards a classical expression, with 40% whole cluster. The ripe, red fruit is balanced by fresh acidity and just a touch of flintiness and toast.
- Sub-Region:Santa Barbara County
- Commune/Village:Santa Maria Valley
- Varietal:Pinot Noir
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:West transverse mountain range.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vine Age (year planted):2008; 1973
- Fermentation:Spontaneously fermented with 40% whole cluster in 1.5 ton open top fermenters.
- Elevage:10 months in neutral French oak
- Winemaker Name:Mikey Giugni
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:96.0