Chianti Classico DOCG 2019
This Chianti Classico shows Sangiovese’s classic intensity and red-berry aromas, with additional color, tannin, and complexity from small portions of Colorino and Canaiolo. On the palate, it’s soft, balanced, and remarkably persistent. It has an intense and very bright ruby red color. Intense on the nose with a prevalence of red berries such as raspberries and currants. The taste is soft, balanced and remarkably persistent.
- Brand:Podere Lecci e Brochi
- Varietal:90% Sangiovese and 10% between black Canaiolo and Colorino
- Size:750ml, 1.5L
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40mg/ l
- Climate:Terroir: Podere Lecci e Brocchi is located in a sector that lies west and east of the Arbia river. The S,SW,W facing vineyards range in altitude from 350-500 meters above sea level. The climate is continental, with very low temperatures in winter and sometimes very dry summers. The temperature variations throughout the day are also important, due to the higher altitude. Annual rainfall is around 700-800 mm (27.6–31.5 inches), concentrated mainly in late autumn and in spring.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:6 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1995
- Fermentation:The must macerates on the skins for about 20 days in temperature-controlled stainless steel and alcoholic fermentation occurs spontaneously. Malolactic fermentation takes place in cement tanks.
- Elevage:Hull malolactic fermentation. Maturation in cement tank and French oak barrels for 12 months.
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Scores:Awards: 2019: 89 punti Falstaff
- Producer Website:https://www.vinolecciebrocchi.it/en/product/wine-chianti-classico-docg/
- Total Production:3500
- Sustainable Certificates:Podere Lecci E Brocc uses organic and biodynamic farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Podere Lecci E Brocc uses organic and biodynamic farming practices.