Alvarinho Reserva 2018
By far the smallest property represented by T. Edward Wines, Poema
is a family-owned boutique winery with only 1.5 hectares of
vineyards that are integrated into their total property of 3 hectares.
Coming from a great family tradition, Poema is in its sixth generation
in vine growing.
Located in the Portuguese Alvarinho DO region, in the northwest of
Portugal-Minho, Poema produces fewer than 11,000 bottles annually.
And because Alvarinho improves with time, Poema is aged for 12
months on lees in stainless steel tanks, and for another twelve
months in the bottle.
This unique property lies in the heart of the Minho River, protected by
the mountains of the neighboring Galizia that surrounds it. The
beauty of the landscape, which is rich with unique flora and fauna,
makes this corner of the world an inspiring place of magic.
- Brand:Poema Alvarinho
- Region:Vinhos Verdes
Show More Less Information
- Climate: the Minho River Valley, has a microclimate marked by the transition from an Atlantic to a Continental climate. Hot, dry summers with cool nights and cold humid winters.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:granitic soils
- Vineyard Size:2ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000s
- Fermentation:temperature-controlled, stainless-steel fermentation
- Elevage:12 months in stainless-steel with stirring / several months in bottle before release
- Finning & Filtration:membrane filtered - not fined
- Producer Website:https://www.alvarinhopoema.com/en/