Pouilly Fuisse 'Pierrefolle' - 2019
Pierefolle, the only wine from outside Château Des Rontets’ clos, is a precise, mineral expression with fresh citrus aromas. The vineyard occupies a slightly warmer area and sits on a purely granitic bedrock. It includes a large percentage of Chardonnay Muscaté, which lends the wine exotic notes with age. Pierefolle is always sustained by a precise mineral expression and citrus aromatic notes. There is a high percentage of "muscaté" Chardonnay plants, it develops into exotic notes with age.
- Brand:Château des Rontets
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0.65<
- Climate:Temperate, challenging recent vintages with massive lost due to frost during flowering and heat waves during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:0.5ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1970.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are fermented in 400- and 228-liter used-oak barrels with indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:one year on lees in oak barrels, racked and assembled in tanks for an additional 6 to 10 months maturing.
- Winemaker Name:Fabio and Claire Gazeau-Montrasi
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.chateaurontets.com
- Sustainable Certificates:Château des Rontets is Certified Organic and employs biodynamic practices in their vineyards.