Pouilly Fuisse "Pierrefolle" 2020
The only vineyard situated outside the Clos (Chateau des Rontets and Clos Varambon). Located 500 meters south off the domaine, terroir is warmer however benefits from a cool wind coming from the north. The whole plot sits on granitic bedrock with no limestone or clay. Pierefolle is always sustained by a precise mineral expression and citrus aromatic notes. There is a high percentage of "muscaté" Chardonnay plants, it develops into exotic notes with age.
- Brand:Chateau des Rontets
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0.65<
- Climate:Temperate, challenging recent vintages with massive lost due to frost during flowering and heat waves during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:0.5ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1970
- Fermentation:FA in 400 and 228-liter barrels, indigenous yiests, no new oak.
- Elevage:one year on lees in oak barrels, racked and assembled in tanks for an additional 6 to 10 months maturing.
- Winemaker Name:Fabio and Claire Gazeau-Montrasi
- Finning & Filtration:No fining, no filtration
- Producer Website:https://www.chateaurontets.com
- Sustainable Certificates:Certified EU Organic