Proprietary Blend 2018
Brand’s Proprietary Blend offers a look at Pritchard Hill’s stellar terroir through a different lens—Cabernet Franc. The variety dominates their middle vineyard and makes up the backbone of this structured, inviting wine. Notes of pomegranate, allspice, and dried roses grace the nose, and the palate brims with dark fruit, milk chocolate, green tea, and sandalwood, all delivered with a silky texture. With Cabernet Franc taking the lead in this bottling, it is a rare chance to experience the terroir of some of Napa's best dirt through a lens that isn't mostly Cabernet Sauvignon. Inviting notes of pomegranate, allspice, and dried roses give way to a palate brimming with flavors suggesting dark red fruit, milk chocolate, green tea, and sandalwood. The Proprietary Blend possesses the structure to support extended aging along with the refined and silky texture for pleasurable drinking while young.
- Brand:Brand Napa
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Pritchard Hill
- Varietal:63% Cabernet Franc, 37% Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Although similar in some ways to the East side of Napa Valley (St. Helena, Rutherford, etc), there are two mitigating factors in that make Pritchard Hill substantially different: the mitigating influence of Lake Hennesy, and the substantial increase in altitude which can be both cooler and drier because of the fog.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Fermentation:One-acre vineyard blocks are fermented separately in barrels and double-jacketed, stainless-steel tanks. The fermentations use ambient yeast or pure cultures, depending on each lot’s characteristics.
- Elevage:Aged in French oak barrels for 23 months. 73% new French oak barrels selected from 6-8 coopers including Taransaud T-5, Hermitage, Sylvain and Demptos.
- Winemaker Name:Philippe Melka and Matt Johnson
- Finning & Filtration:Bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Producer Website:https://brandnapavalley.com/
- Total Production:490 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Brand Napa uses organic and biodynamic farming practices in their vineyards.