A blend of indigenous white varieties gives this waxy, rich white wine its aromas of grilled citrus and fresh orchard fruit. A blend from plots across the estate, this is a nuanced and complex wine that lingers on the palate with notes of white florals, roasted nuts, and fresh apples. Waxy, undulating textures leave grilled lemon, citrus, and tannin behind to coat the palate. Baby’s breath and gun powder on the nose, zesty apple skin and on the lingering finish
- Brand:Quinta da Costa do Pinhao
- Varietal:Rabigato, Gouveio, Visinho
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:TOTAL SULFUR: 56 grams/liter
- Climate:Cool, moderate winters often lead to very, very hot Summers
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:schist soils
- Fermentation:The Branco is made by co-fermenting all grape varieties with native yeasts in open-top cement fermenters. The grapes undergo 25 days of maceration with the skins.
- Elevage:Aged in 500 Liter used oak. A white made like a red wine.
- Winemaker Name:Miguel Morais & Luis Seabra
- Total Production:1,200 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes