This dry red from the Douro Valley blends native Portuguese grape varieties into a full-bodied wine characterized by ripe fruit flavors. On the palate, herbal and floral tones add complexity to the wine, which undergoes malolactic fermentation and 12 months of aging in French oak. Dense, purple and blue fruit flavors are fresh and palyful on the palate. Herbaceous and floral, ripe and bright. A unique Douro table wine.
- Brand:Quinta Da Costa Do Pinhão
- Varietal:Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:TOTAL: 52 mg/liter
- Climate:Cool, moderate winters often lead to very, very hot Summers
- Harvest Technique:The grapes are picked by hand during the first few weeks of September.
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs with native yeasts. Roughly 40% of the harvest is fermented in traditional open-top stone lagares. The remaining 60% is fermented in stainless steel, with 30% whole-cluster fruit.
- Elevage:Finishes malolactic in French oak where it rests for 12 months.
- Winemaker Name:Miguel Morais & Luis Seabra
- Total Production:9000 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes