Rainboat Pet Nat - 2022
A dynamic Pet Nat crafted from a single Cinsault vineyard in the arid Swartland region of South Africa. Here, organic bush-trained vines yield grapes with exceptional character resulting in a cloudy, unfiltered sparkler with ripe strawberry, candied berry, and fresh grapefruit notes. Cloudy deep pink with a good amount of fizz. On the nose, ripe strawberry and candy. On the palate, reminiscent of ruby red grapefruit, tart kombucha, and wild strawberries. Drink ice cold on a hot day.
Show More Less Information
- Country:South Africa
- Climate:hot and dry
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:granite soils
- Vineyard Size:3.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1985.0
- Fermentation:After harvest, grapes fermented with native yeasts in stainless steel. The must was bottled before fermentation finished, with a sugar level of .8 brix. The wine was bottled without disgorgement.
- Winemaker Name:Johan Meyer
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:672cs
- Sustainable Certificates:Lubanzi was founded with a mission to do good, and remains committed to sustainability initiatives across ts endeavors. The brand practices sustainable viticulture and donates 50% of its annual profits back to growers via the Pebbles Project. In addition, Lubanzi is a Ceritifed B Corp, part of the 1% for the Planet organization, and Fair for Life fair-trade certified.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes