Reserve Straight Bourbon Whiskey NV
Made exclusively from local grain, the Reserve Straight Bourbon Whiskey is distilled from a sour mash recipe of corn and rye from Missouri and the upper Midwest. After traditional distillation in copper, it sees nearly five years of aging in large barrels to develop its notes of maple, nougat, and vanilla. Distilled from a sour mash recipe of corn and rye, sourced from Missouri and upper Midwest, the Union Horse Reserve Bourbon is distilled in a traditional copper still and spends almost 5 years in large 53G barrels prior to bottling. Notes of maple, nougat, and light vanilla.
- Brand:Dark Horse Distillery
- Varietal:corn (80%), rye (20%)
- Size:750ml, 375ml
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:The mash is fermented for 5-7 days, to approximately 15% ABV using the sour mash method.
- Still Type:Pot-column Hybrid
- Still Size:1,900 L copper hybrid still
- Distillation:Single distillation to approximately 72.5% ABV
- Cooperage:Aging occurs in 53g new American Oak barrels with char #3 53G (independent stave company)
- Maturation:24 months to 5 years
- Distiller Name:Patrick Garcia
- Scores:92 Points with Wine Enthusiast; 86 Points with Whiskey Advocate
- Producer Website:https://www.unionhorse.com/
- Total Production:5,000 cases per year