Retromarcia Chianti Classico - 2020
Retromarcia means “to back up” or “to reverse,” and this wine is Monte Bernardi’s traditionally made beacon of Sangiovese’s natural elegance and expressiveness. It’s a medium-bodied wine that blends fruit freshness with bright acidity and structure. Fresh and fruity, medium bodied, well balanced, with a nice structure, juicy acidity and a long finish.
- Sub-Region:Chianti Classico
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:less than 10 mg/L free and less than 25 mg/L total
- Climate:Panzano in Chianti, west, south and east exposure, surrounded by the Pesa river.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandstone soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Median age is 15 years.
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs spontaneously without temperature control and with a long maceration.
- Elevage:18 months in cement and used oak barrels.
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:We do not participate in tasting with wine scores.
- Producer Website:https://www.montebernardi.com
- Total Production:4166.0
- Sustainable Certificates:Monte Bernardi is Certified Organic and uses biodynamic practices in the vineyard.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes