Retromarcia Chianti Classico - 2021
Retromarcia means “to back up” or “to reverse,” and this wine is Monte Bernardi’s traditionally made beacon of Sangiovese’s natural elegance and expressiveness. It’s a medium-bodied wine that blends fruit freshness with bright acidity and structure. Fresh and fruity, medium bodied, well balanced, with a nice structure, juicy acidity and a long finish.
- Sub-Region:Chianti Classico
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:20 mg/s
- Climate:Mediterranean climate. In Panzano in Chianti, the summers are short, warm, and mostly clear and the winters are long, very cold, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 31°F to 86°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 94°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandstone soils
- Vineyard Size:9 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):The vineyards age range from plantings 2003-2010.
- Fermentation:The vinification and maturation is reminiscent of a more traditional style Chianti Classico After destemming and pressing grapes, we have a medium maceration time ( 23 days) with hand punch downs; wine is fermented with indigenous yeasts, fermentation temperature is 26-28°C. Fermentation and maceration on skins in a combination of concrete and stainless steel vats
- Elevage:18 months in large casks, non-lined concrete (30%) and used Tonneaux. There is no filtering before bottling.
- Winemaker Name:Michael Schmeltzer
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:2000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes