Ricco Bianco - 2020
Pallagrello Bianco is a beloved grape variety, thought to have its origins in Campania, Italy, or possibly ancient Greece. Phylloxera and mildew nearly killed the grape, but it was rediscovered in the 1990s and has since been re-grown by some wine producers. In the 18th century, when the royal house of Bourbon ruled Naples and Sicily, Pallagrello Bianco became a favorite of King Ferdinand IV.
The Palagrello Riccio Bianco has a deep golden yellow color. In the nose intense expressions of mirabelle plum, peach, apricot, acacia honey and Mediterranean herbs, with some hay and hazelnut in the back. The taste is rich and concentrated, delicately soft and particularly juicy.
- Varietal:Pallagrello Bianco
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:<1 mg/l
- Climate:Short winter with most of the rain between December and March. Early spring with a long summer that can reach up to 35 C.
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:1.2 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2005.0
- Fermentation:The wine is made in a completely natural way, without the addition of sulphites. The grapes are gently pressed and after slow fermentation the wine is aged for 12 months in stainless steel vats. The wine is not filtered or stabilized. Some deposits may therefore remain in the glass.
- Elevage:12 monts in stainless steel
- Winemaker Name:Paola Riccio
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:90 Pts W.E. 90 Pts Decanter
- Producer Website:https://alepa.it
- Total Production:120 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes