The winery is located in the northern part of the Falerio Dei Colli Ascolani DOC area and this wine gains from this territory distinguishing and valuable peculiarities. The idea of this label comes from Salvo Agusta. It is a wine with a fresh and savory taste, smooth and refreshing, with delicate and inviting perfumes of white flowers, plum and pear.
- Brand:Rio Maggio
- Varietal:Varieties: 40% trebbiano 40% pecorino 20% Passerina
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:In this zone we have mostly a Mediterranean climate
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:10 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1988
- Fermentation:Grapes are pressed just after manual harvest, without using any form of So2. Must stay in contact with skin for about 6 hours. After removing the skin, fermentation starts with select natural winery yeast. Stainless steel tanks, temperature around 16 C.
- Elevage:3 months on the fine lees
- Winemaker Name:Ettore Janni -Santucci Simone
- Finning & Filtration:yes
- Total Production:230 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:1.Sheep and beneficial birds to control weeds and pests. 2.Cover crops, drip irrigation and process ponds to conserve water. 3. Composting, recycling and reuse to minimize waste. 4. Protecting air and water quality. 5. Preserving local ecosystems and wildlife habitats.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes