Rioja Red Wine 2021
Artuke is a small family winery located in Baños de Ebro, a village in Rioja Alavesa on the banks of the Ebro river. In 1991, Roberto de Miguel made the decision to stop producing bulk wine and start bottled wine. Now his children Arturo and Kike, (whose names are the basis of the winery) are leading the project. Their grow is based on recuperating abandoned vineyards, and making new single vineyard wines. This is an explosion of floral notes and red berries. Full of brightness and purity thanks to the carbonic maceration. In the palate is velvety, refreshing, and tannins barely noticeable.
- Sub-Region:Baños de Ebro
- Varietal:95% Tempranillo, 5% Viura
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Climate is primarily Mediterranean, with a heavy Atlantic impact that is moderated by the river.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:They have 25 acres divided into 32 parcels.
- Fermentation:Fermented with full clusters in the typical carbonic maceration manner
- Elevage:6 months in concrete
- Winemaker Name:Arturo & Kike De Miguel
- Scores:RP 91+ 2021
- Producer Website:https://www.artuke.com
- Total Production:80,000 bottles