Rivera del Notro Orange - 2020
Roberto Henríquez spent several years working in South Africa, Canada and France before going on to study agronomy and enology. In 2015 he moved back home to Biobío and began his own project based on the grape Pais, in part motivated by Louis Antoine Luyt. Quickly he got a lot of recognition due to his most important work in principle of recovering the traditional viticultre in the South of Chile, by obtaining a delicate rusticity in all his wines.
- Brand:Roberto Henriquez
- Sub-Region:Bio Bio Valley
- Varietal:Equal parts of Sémillon, Corinto and Moscatel
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Humid Mediterranean, with lower temperatures than the avearge in Chile, big difference betweeen seasons
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:granitic soils
- Vineyard Size:0.8 ha (Sémillon), 0.063 ha (Chasselas), 0.52 ha (Chasselas), 0.15 ha (Torontel)
- Vine Age (year planted):100 year-old-vines
- Fermentation:Grapes are 100% destemmed. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with native yeast in concrete tanks, with 1–3 punchdowns per day.
- Elevage: 20% of ageing in old barrels and 80% in concrete tanks. 11 months of ageing.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Henríquez
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:http://robertohenriquez.com/web/eng/
- Total Production:1500.0
- Sustainable Practice:Yes