Torontel Super Estrella 2020
Roberto Henríquez spent several years working in South Africa, Canada and France before going on to study agronomy and enology. In 2015 he moved back home to Biobío and began his own project based on the grape Pais, in part motivated by Louis Antoine Luyt. Quickly he got a lot of recognition due to his most important work in principle of recovering the traditional viticultre in the South of Chile, by obtaining a delicate rusticity in all his wines. Torontel is a grape that evolved from a natural cross of Moscatel de Alejandria and Pais. A white wine rich in spices and floral tones. This is an intense wine with tremendous body and acidity, with especially with firm, sharp tannins.
- Brand:Vitivinicola Roberto Henriquez Spa
- Region:Itata Valley
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:21 ppm
- Climate:The climate has a Mediterranean humidity, with lower temperatures than avearge for Chile, bringing about a significant difference in temperature betweeen seasons.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:Granitic soils
- Vineyard Size:0.15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):More than 90 years old
- Fermentation:Spontaneous-native yeast. 100% destemmed. 1-3 punch down per day.
- Elevage:Aged in renewed barrels (no toasted). For 3 months.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Henríquez
- Finning & Filtration:Neither filtered nor stabilized
- Scores:Descorchados 93 (2021)
- Producer Website:http://robertohenriquez.com/web/eng/
- Total Production:400
- Sustainable Practice:Yes