Rosat Bàrbara Forés - 2022
With the name Bàrbara Forés, the marriage of Carmen Ferrer and Manuel Sanmartín wanted to pay tribute to their great-grandmother Bárbara Forés, who was born in Gandesa on February 7, 1828. Bárbara Forés, the daughter of a wine merchant (Rafael Forés) and an agricultural owner (Maria Figueras), was a person of great character and had a decisive influence on her son Rafael. Rafael Ferrer Forés, a pharmacist and illustrious winegrower, constructed the cellar of the manor house where he began bottling wine at the end of the 19th century. Bárbara Forés, therefore, represents respect and tradition in the production of wines, passed down from generation to generation for more than a hundred years in their house.
- Brand:Celler Bàrbara Forés
- Varietal:60% Grenache Red, 20% Syrah, 20% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:19 mg/L.
- Climate:Mediterranean with a continental strong influence
- Harvest Technique:Ecologic/regenerative farming. Manual for harvesting
- Vineyard Size:28 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1981.0
- Fermentation:Spontaneus fermentation
- Elevage:Cold skin contact for 24 hours, followed by pressing. Spontaneus fermentation in stainless steel vats. 4 months of aging with own lees.
- Winemaker Name:Carmen Ferrer/ Pili Sanmartín Ferrer
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Scores:Peñín 87
- Producer Website:https://cellerbarbarafores.com
- Total Production:8,000 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes