Rose California 2022
The Wonderland Project was founded in 2010 by wine broker and former sommelier, Matt Ahern with the help of pedigreed Sonoma grape growers. The Wonderland Project produces Sonoma County Appellation Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from organically farmed vineyards in Carneros. Wonderland Ranch Rose has a style similar to Tavel Rosé. On a trip to New York in 1950, Ernest Hemingway famously insisted he couldn’t start lunch (beginning with oysters) without a glass of Tavel. This wine enjoys notes reminiscent of strawberry, raspberry and orange blossom. Serve Chilled.
- Brand:The Wonderland Project
- Sub-Region:Sonoma County
- Commune/Village:Los Carneros
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Dry winters can be experienced with below-average rainfall. The spring months have stayed dry and cool slowing shoot growth until late into March and contributing to low yields and small berries.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Fermentation:100% whole cluster press after foot treading and 2-hours of skin contact. Fermented and aged in stainless steel for 6 months before bottling.
- Elevage:Aged in Stainless steel
- Winemaker Name:Matt Ahern
- Producer Website:https://www.thewonderlandprojectwines.com/
- Total Production:259 cases