Rosso di Montalcino
This Rosso di Montalcino showcases Sangiovese’s floral and fruit notes with captivating complexity. Aging in large, used-oak casks give it time to develop flourishes of walnut and orange peel to accent its black-fruit character, chewy tannins, and excellent structure. it is a floral, fruity, rich and happy wine and can bridge the gap in complexity. A red with plum, walnut and orange peel aromas and flavors. Full body, chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Structured Rosso di Montalcino.
- Brand:San Polino
- Sub-Region:Montalcino DOC
- Varietal:100% Sangiovese grosso
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 ml/l
- Climate:Winter was a bit rainy compare to usual but spring and summer were dry enough. Themperature were a bit high just in the end of summer.
- Harvest Technique:They harvest their spurred cordon system by hand.
- Soil:Lush field on the slopes of Montalcino, with strong clay and marl elements
- Vineyard Size:8 hectares in total for all wines
- Vine Age (year planted):1990.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are fermented with indigenous yeasts in tronic oak vats and stainless steel. They macerate for 2–3 days at 12°C before fermentation, and 18–25 days afterward.
- Elevage:6 months in wood, followed by 6 months in stainless steel.
- Winemaker Name:Luigi Fabbro and Katia Nuassbaum
- Finning & Filtration:no