Rosso di Montalcino doc 2020
A 100% Sangiovese from the southeast area of Montalcino. This wine bursts with intense notes of plum and cherry, and the palate delivers soft tannins, fresh acidity, and stellar length. A intense ruby red color with violet reflections. Bouquet is intense and fresh, with fruity notes like plum and cherry.
- Brand:La Palazzetta
- Commune/Village:Castelnuovo dell'Abate
- Size:750ml, 1.5L
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:25
- Climate:The vineyards are in Castelnuovo dell'abate, in the s.e. area of Montalcino about 375m asl. The climate Is perfect for the production of DOCG and DOC wines. The winter range is 2-5°C and summer 25-40 °C. Good rains, and the Monte Amiata mountain prevents frost.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:Galestroclay soils
- Vineyard Size:40 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):44691. What year is this??
- Fermentation:Grapes undergo natural fermentation with indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:About 1 year in french oak size 5-10 hl, of about 5-10 years old.
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Scores:Certificato di Eccellenza 2020 con Guida Bio, Silver Medal – Organic Awards 2021
- Producer Website:https://www.palazzettafanti.com/prodotto/rosso-montalcino-palazzetta/
- Total Production:20
- Sustainable Certificates:La Plazzetta follows organic and sustainable principles in the vineyard.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes