Rosso di Valtellina "Tei" DOC 2020
High-altitude vines near the town of Teglio imbue this Nebbiolo with floral aromas, elegant fruit , and spicy undertones. Medium-bodied and savory, the palate is refreshing and supple with soft tannins. Typically ruby color. The bouquet of aromas on the nose moves on an ordered set of fruity and spicy notes, from which a delicate floral touch of violet also emerges. On the palate it is medium-bodied, savory and tasty, with a refreshing sip that develops on the palate with a streamlined progression thanks to the excellent workmanship of the tannins.
- Brand:Sandro Fay
- Sub-Region:Valtellina Rosso Doc
- Varietal:100% Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca)
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50mg /l
- Climate:The climate is maritime. It rains every month of the year. The average annual temperature for Teglio is 5 ° degrees and there is 1075 mm of rain in a year.
- Harvest Technique:Grapes are harvested by hand in mid-October.
- Soil:sandy and partly loamy soils,
- Vineyard Size:4 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):2002
- Fermentation:After destemming and pressing, the wine rests on the skins for six days before fermentation in stainless steel with native yeasts. Malolactic conversion occurs shortly after.
- Elevage:4 months in stainless steel and 3 in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Marco Fay
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Producer Website:https://www.vinifay.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=139&lang=en
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Sandro Fay embraces sustainable practices in their dry-farmed vineyards, like rotating crops, planting cover crops, applying integrated pest management, and avoiding all chemical substances. They’ve also adopted agroforestry practices.