Rosso Piceno 'Vigneto Contrada Vallone' - 2018
This Rosso Piceno hails from Rio Maggio’s oldest vineyard. Crafted with classic Bordeaux vinification techniques, it’s a structured and generous wine, pairing the intensity of Montepulciano with the complexity of Sangiovese. This is a structured and agreeable wine, with good complexity, a well-proportioned body and enveloping final. It has a beautiful ruby red color
- Brand:Rio Maggio
- Varietal:70% Montepulciano, 30% Sangiovese
Show More Less Information
- Climate:In this zone we have mostly a Mediterranean climate
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990.0
- Fermentation:Fermentation consists of classic Bordeaux winemaking techniques. They include 12–15-day pre- and post-fermentation macerations, with scheduled pumping over and temperature control from 18° to 26° C.
- Elevage:Maturation: aging in French barriques either new or one-year old barriques, for at least 8-10 months. Aging: in bottle for other 4-6 months.
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Rio Maggio employs sustainable practices in their vineyards, avoiding all synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes