Roussanne Yakima Valley 2021
A Roussanne that pays homage to the textural white wines of the Rhône Valley, this has a modest amount of ripeness and oak influence. It delivers textbook Roussanne notes of lemon curd and fresh cream, finishing clean and pure with focused acidity to complement its texture. This is textbook Roussanne, with notes of lemon curd and fresh cream, but it finishes surprsingly clean and pure on the palate, with an acidity that compliments its texture.
- Brand:Sonder Winery
- Sub-Region:Yakima Valley
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Minimal
- Climate:The high dessert conditions of the Columbia Valley are tempered on the south facing slopes by the strong winds coming through the Columbia Gorge.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vine Age (year planted):2005; 1994
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs in neutral French puncheons with native yeasts and without malolactic conversion.
- Elevage:Batonnage was a mix of weekly and bi-weekly stirring to build texture and length. Aged for 5 months sur lees (in original puncheons).
- Winemaker Name:Riley Miller
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Producer Website:https://www.sonderwines.com/
- Total Production:480cs
- Sustainable Certificates:Sonder farms their vines using organic and sustable practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes