Sagrantino di Montefalco 'Colleallodole' DOCG - 2016
Some experts also believe that Sagrantino comes from the Saracens, while others contend that it comes from Piemonte or even as far away as Arabia or medieval Catalonia in Spain. Maybe genetic research will one day determine the grape’s true origins. One of the Sagrantino grape’s characteristics is its thick shell, which naturally gives the wine rich quantities of color, acid, tannins and especially sugar. The result is a dark, dominating and significant wine, with a high alcohol concentration, often around 14-14.5%. Color: Intense ruby red with violet reflections; in older vintages, a ruby red tending to amber. Bouquet: intense and enveloping, soft red fruits, hints of leather,tobacco and liquorice.. Palate: dry, robust, persistent, powerful tannins. Food pairing: red meat, game,aged and medium-aged cheese. Serving temperature: 16° - 18°C.
- Brand:Milziade Antano
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:20-30 mg/L
- Climate:The vineyards are characterized by a mild climate, with good and constant ventilation, which protects the vineyards from parasitic diseases. Sunshine is present both in the morning and in the afternoon. The sun exposure guarantees a good ripening of grapes and tannins, granting unmistakable elegance to the wines.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):1952-1992
- Fermentation:Vinification with long maceration on the skins (30 days). The long maceration is due to the fact that the grapes do not go into a mechanical press. Therefore, to favor the extraction of noble substances (polyphenols, tannins, anthocyanins), this long contact between skins and must is necessary. Fermentation takes place without temperature control. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel vats using only the natural yeasts present on the grapes. Malolactic fermentation is in stainless steel vats, and spontaneous, no lactic bacteria are added.
- Elevage:Ageing: 37 months, of which 18-24 are in large oak casks and 4-6 in the bottle. Our barrels are Slavonian oak, produced in Italy. We do not use French woods. The barrels used are tonneau (550L) and large barrels (2000L).
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:This wine has won lots of important prizes (3 Bicchieri Gambero Rosso, 5 Grappoli, 95/96 points Robert Parker Wine Advocate, First classified at Top one hundred wines of Italy at Milano Expo Sapori).
- Producer Website:https://www.fattoriacolleallodole.it
- Total Production:75 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:We maintain organic practices even if we are not certified. Herbicides or pesticides are not used in the vineyards. We use only organic fertilizers, especially manure produced in our cow breeding. Diseases are controlled using traditional Bordeaux mixture and sulphur.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes