Sancerre "Cuvee 1166" 2020
Cuvée 1166 comes from a single plot containing exactly 1,166 vines, and that site delivers a structured and balanced Sancerre. Aromas of vanilla, gingerbread, and praline lead to an unctuous—but not heavy—palate defined by peach syrup, candied orange, licorice, and lovely texture. Nose features notes of vanilla, gingerbread, praline, it then opens on flavors of peach in syrup, candied orange. The mouth is round at first, the whole is unctuous but without any heaviness. The palate is well structured with flavors of candied orange, vanilla and liquorice. A well-balanced wine for Sancerre lovers that want to explore more.
- Brand:SAS Les Creots
- Varietal:Sauvignon Blanc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Sancerre is the most western point of the Loire Valley region. Climate is continental with fresh breeze coming from the Loire river
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:0.22ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Late 1990's
- Fermentation:Grapes are direct-pressed with no destemming. Fermentation occurs in stainless steel tanks for 2–4 weeks before the wine is moved to barrels.
- Elevage:On the lees for 11 months in 600-litre oak barrel
- Winemaker Name:Franck and Clement Laloue (father and son)
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Producer Website:https://www.serge-laloue.fr/fr/
- Total Production:100 cases